GREATER ORLANDO CHAPTER 73
Update with Chapter President, Vanessa Pierce
Top Things to Know
1) Forum 2020 has been cancelled. Tampa will be hosting Forum 2021 and Orlando will be hosting Forum 2022. Stay tuned for details.
2) We will be voting on the proposed NAWIC Southeast Region Event Fund at Fall Conference. Please contact Cindy Spiropoulos with any questions or concerns in regard to same.
3) I have been closely monitoring the coronavirus and its impact on our world. As always, the health and safety of our members and colleagues is my top priority. As the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation continues to evolve, the new restrictions set by the CDC are for all gatherings over 50 in the next 8 weeks be cancelled. In light of the current CDC's recommendations, we have cancelled our April Membership meeting. Please note that Forum has also been cancelled which was addressed by National President Diane Mike under separate cover. We are committed to taking the necessary actions to help support you.
Thank you for being a valued member of NAWIC. Stay safe and please let me know if you need any assistance during this time.
**Updated 3/16/2020 10:05am**
As the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation continues to evolve, the new restrictions set by the CDC last night are for all gatherings over 50 in the next 8 weeks be cancelled. This covers our Forum season almost completely. All NAWIC Forums will be cancelled.
I am currently having calls with our conference coordinators to work with the hotels to cancel Forums.
We will be sending individual notifications for each Forum regarding the process to receive registration refunds, canceling of room reservations and information specific to that region’s contract.
If you have booked a flight to any of the Forums, I suggest you cancel your flights as soon as possible.
I have also included additional resources from Tina Craft with Fringe Benefit Plans, for you to share with your companies or for your own knowledge.
NAWIC considers the safety and well-being of our members and conference attendees a top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed of any changes or updates.
Please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have specific concerns and I will do my best to address your questions.
Diane Mike, CBT
National President 2019-2020
NAWIC Greater Orlando Chapter 73 had a splendid time supporting Habitat for Humanity and spending some time under the Florida sunshine and help out with the Pine Hills Community!
We raised a total of $2,375 with combined efforts from our Silent Auction and individual fundraising!
We're so excited to continue impacting our community
Thanks to our day-of Builders: Vanessa Pierce, Angela Highland, Paula Howell, Laurie Soleim; Pearltry Suen, Nicole Elijah, Elizabeth Duncan
Co-sponsored by Turner Construction ; Mills & Nebraska!
This event gathered professionals from all over Greater Orlando to network and meet other folks in the construction industry. Many friendships were made and many business cards were traded.
Our Silent Auction was a success fundraising $1,000 to go towards Habitat for Humanity for Saturday's Women Build (3/7/2020)
Our fun photo booth embracing power tools was sponsored by LP Video Productions!
With St. Patrick's Day near I feel its only right to start off this month with an Irish blessing: "May the dreams you hold dearest be those that come true and the kindness you spread keep returning to you." Wishing you all the luck of the Irish!
1) Members stay updated with your chapter's events and meetings by joining our chapter's LinkedIn group, Instagram page and Facebook page.
2) WIC Groups have been assigned and posted under the Members Only section of our website. Be sure to connect with your WIC (Women In Construction) group and tell us what your group is up to! Be sure to post pics and tag our chapter pages in all the fun.
3) WIC Week will be held March 1-7th.
4) Register for the Habitat for Humanity Women Build 2020. Sign up via https://habitatorlando.rallybound.org/woman-build-2020/Team/View/123858/NAWIC-Greater-Orlando-Chapter-73
5) Registration for Forum 2002 is underway! - April 30th – May 3rd at the Embassy Suites Tampa – Downtown Convention Center register via https://form.jotform.com/193496008007155
6) Nominations are being accepted for the 2020 Annual Conference Membership Awards; send in your candidate for the Lifetime Achievement, Future Leader, and Member of the Year Award by June 1, 2020 via nawic.org
7) Nominations are open for interested and qualified candidates to serve on the 2020-2021 Board of Directors. See Kizzy Ferrer for more information or email her at email@example.com.
March Membership Meeting
When: March 10 2019 |
Networking from 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Meeting from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Historic Dubsdread Ballroom
549 West Par Street, Orlando, FL 32804
For information and to register click HERE